Tuesday, March 29, 2011

#90sKid > #cousinvinny

I got a twitter account about two weeks before the assignment started and never thought that I would actually use it for anything else than tweeting about 90’s kid. The first day of the project I tweeted about 10 times. Soon after I started tweeting #90skid, my followers started doing the same, almost immediately.

Twitter is a great networking website because it goes beyond just pictures and status updates. You can follow news outlets, famous athletes, friends and family, and even tweet about being a 90’s kid. People can make a huge impact with one single tweet. It only takes one person to turn a hashtag into trending topic worldwide. Last night on MTV, Vinny, from the Jersey Shore, made his acting debut on “The Hard Times of RJ Berger”. Before the show was even over, “Cousin Vinny” was already trending worldwide! It took less than 30 minutes. It’s amazing how something like an MTV show can get the Jersey shore guy to come on the show and influence enough people to have him trending worldwide.

#90skid could eventually be a trending topic but I think it is a matter of time until a show comes on about the 90’s and then everyone will start hashtagging 90skid. Until then, I will continue to support the 90skid hashtag by tweeting about the 90’s because I feel that one day it will be a trending topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment