Wednesday, March 23, 2011

REALITY TV

In class we discussed reality tv. I believe that to some extent reality tv is a good option of entertainment to choose from. Although at times reality tv is unbelievable and there are rumors that some of the shows are scripted, there is a wide variety of shows to choose from. I think that the variety of the shows that are played on television is a good idea for the television industry. Reality tv shows almost always contain some form of drama and I think that the fact most of the “stars” are just “regular people” makes people enjoy them and relate to them even more. When watching reality shows I enjoy watching both shows I can relate to and shows that are completely different from my life or any situation I’ve ever been in. I think that the wide variety of shows aired allows everyone the opportunity to find at least one reality tv show that they could possibly enjoy. Different varieties of reality tv shows that I have seen include MTV reality shows that teens and young adults can relate to and there is a crazy amount of reality cooking shows such as Cake Boss that people who enjoy cooking and baking can relate to. Some reality tv shows are targeted towards people who enjoy watching drama and suspense shows, examples include COPS, Hoarders, or Intervention. I think that most age groups could probably find a reality tv show to watch if they had to with almost every channel airing reality tv shows with completely different issues and topics. Personally, I don’t hate reality tv shows but they probably aren’t my favorite. To watch a certain reality tv show I feel like I have to be in a certain mood. The fact that I’ve heard so much talk about how they are scripted and fake has ruined some of the shows for me. If they are actually staged and showing false lives of the “stars” then how is that any different than a scripted television show, except maybe produced for less?

No comments:

Post a Comment