Thursday, March 24, 2011

Favebook & TV

Facebook to rent movies, TV shows next?

Although I have never seen this application on Facebook I find it pretty nifty.

This application allows you to use credits to stream a movie for 48 hours. They only have

Batman Dark Knight for this application so far, but I think it’s a pretty cool concept so

far. In the article it states what effect will this have on Netflix and Hulu? I don’t think

that it will have any effect on either of the two companies because Hulu allows for free

vieiwing of TV shows, and Netflix offers a lot of movies for a cheap price. I actually do

not think that renting movies on Facebook will that effective because of Netflix and

Redbox. There is such a large distribution of Redbox’s around cities that it’s easy to find

and get to a Redbox. The movies are only $1.07 to rent and you can even reserve them

online and go pick it up at the nearest Redbox. If they were to ever become like Hulu

then I do think that this will have an impact on Hulu. Facebook is more known than

Hulu, and I believe that it will draw a bigger crowd than Hulu can. The only downfall I

see of the Facebook movie idea is that it cost credits. There are so many free ways and

cheaper ways to watch and rent movies that I don’t think people will want to have to pay

credits to rent a movie on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment