Monday, March 21, 2011

Dominos’ Advertising Comeback

Dominos has always been my favorite pizza joint out of Pizza Hut, Pappa John’s, Pizza King... and Dominos. Recently they have come out with a new recipe with a more garlicy crust, sweeter sauce, and different meats. Along with the recipe came a whole new way the advertise their new style: Interactivity with the customers.

When they announced the new recipe was coming out I was already attached. If a company that I have brand loyalty to changes something, it catches my attention right away; and while Dominos had my attention they told me they wanted to know what I thought of the pizza. On the box it said if I sent in my thoughts of the new recipe I could receive a discount price on my next pizza. So I sent in my thoughts, and cashed in on the coupon.

Without me even realizing it, with only seeing the commercial once, I had ordered a pizza, sent in my thoughts, got a coupon, and a few days later I used it. This is exactly what Dominos hoped for. People like me who love Dominos, to try the new pizza, and let them know how much I love it then, get a coupon and spend more money on pizza. Now Dominos is coming out with the new chicken pieces (with all white meat). On the box it asks, “Did we get it right?” three boxes, one saying “nope” the other, “almost” and the last, “OH YES WE DID”. By putting that on the box, Dominos is once again trying to get the customer to interact with the company and feel involved. When a customer is involved or participates with a company they begin to be more loyal to the brand and will often return to the brand, or company again.

Well, I did sucker in to trying the new Dominos chicken and I'm glad to say, "They Got it Right"!

No comments:

Post a Comment