Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pop Culture Wrap-Up

Well, with this being by 5th and final blog post for the semester, I can finally say I have enjoyed writing these blogs. I never knew how interested I could become in popular culture, and by simply writing blog posts about how I feel about certain issues in pop culture, made me feel better. In the beginning of the semester, I never thought that I would have a twitter account, submit posts on a blog, or even care about issues like videogames having an effect on how people view the war.

Pop culture effects me everyday and I didn’t even realize it until I started this course. Shows like Jersey Shore, and magazines like GQ, with new clothing styles, music, and trends actually do affect the way I dress, party, and live my life. I will admit, that I have been guilty of fist pumping at a party. But don’t worry; I was not the only one, about everyone at the party was fist pumping. Sometimes I wonder if my friends are actual Italian Guidos, and just came back from the shore. Some guys I know wear shirts with big attention-grabbing graphics, gel their hair, tan, and sometimes even do their laundry. If Guido culture is showing up in Muncie, Indiana, then this is obviously showing pop culture spreads everywhere!

Another thing that I really have come to appreciate this semester is Twitter.

When we talked about starting up a Twitter project for this class I immediately thought “I didn’t have a twitter account all this time, and now one of my classes is requiring me to set up an account?” Initially I thought I would just use it for the project then never use it again. Oh, how I was wrong. I now have a Twitter tab on my Internet browser, follow 135 people, and have 111 followers.

Follow me @J_Blizz260

Over and Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment