Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Plan #4908: Oppositional Message

I find it appalling that anytime I walk into a store with my hood on, I am instantly regarded a possible suspect to no more than twenty-thousand employee mishaps of that month. The idea of everyone with a hoodie up being some sort of criminal is ludicrous. I mean, what do all of the hoodie nay-sayers do in the winter when the piercing wind slams into their faces?

Anyways, the point I am trying to convey here is that the hoodie-up issue can be solved by using an oppositional message. The idea here is to create a new persona for the general hoodie-wearing congregate. With a new brand, we could theoretically change the entire view of their existence.

To begin, I feel as if the non-wearing public should be desensitized to the idea of everyone earing a hood being dangerous. I say kill them with friendliness. Each and every time you are wearing a hood and pass someone who gives you “The Look,” just smile and ask them, ‘What’s up?’

Constant vigilance. That is what we need. Only with time can we hope to dissuade the current view, transform it and recreate it as a neutral image. Sort of like winter, all year round. Hoodies for all and nobody feels threatened!

There will be those in opposition to this idea, however. “Why can’t they just take their hoodie off for a few moments? Is that so hard? What’s the big deal?”

At these times, remember my friends, The First Amendment.

No comments:

Post a Comment