Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Twitter

Reflecting back on our Twitter project, I realize the power of yet another form of social media. Throughout the whole month, I was able to follow friends, family, celebrities, organizations such as falling whistles and Toms shoes, and other various things like MTV, VH1, and the MLB. Keeping current through twitter is an easy, accessible, quick, reliable, and to the point kind of way to do so. I appreciate the minimal wording that twitter forces you to have on a tweet. I have found that I spend time on twitter to not only be updated on what my friends are up to, but also to educate myself.
I want to stay current with what is going on in MTV world, so that I can know what is happening once I return to that organization after college. Following celebrities is always fun too. I followed Kanye West only because my boyfriend is a big fan, but learned later that he actually is being made fun of for often having ridiculous tweets about random things. Oh, and he also does not follow a single person, so of course all he will talk about is himself!
I also revisited how easy it is to get hooked on something, especially when it is social media related. I am addicted to checking my twitter feed, seeing who I can follow next, retweeting things I want my followers to read, or just seeing what my friends are up to that specific day.
I also like to educate myself on concerts, where a certain celebrity is traveling to, and who the hottest band is according to MTV. I am following Ellen who is always putting up adorable photos of animals and updating who is going to be on her show. I have come to discover a whole new world through twitter, and am realizing that I would never know of any of this if it weren't for who I was "following."

No comments:

Post a Comment