Friday, March 25, 2011

The Real World

I would like to comment on the class period when we talked about the producers of reality television shows. Kristen brought up if we all think the producers want to see drama and fighting in their shows. One show that comes to mind is The Real World. I used to watch every season and every episode several years back but then I stopped following it. However, the new season Real World Las Vegas just started up a couple weeks ago and I decided to start following the show again. The show hasn’t changed one bit. It reminds me exactly what I used to watch several years back. This show in particular, I definitely feel the producers of this show love to see drama and fighting. For example, there is always a girl or guy on there who comes on the show with a serious boyfriend or girlfriend. Next, there is always a trouble maker who has been in trouble in his/her past and has some issues. Next, there always seems to be a person who is real religious and doesn’t believe in sex before marriage or doesn’t believe in drinking. I feel you get the point. The Real World producers know all this about the person because they have to send in a video of themselves before they get picked. In the producers eyes, why not stick all these people in the same house together to boost the ratings due to drama and fighting. The Real World Las Vegas is well on its way to a bunch of drama and fighting and the producers are loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment