Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Parenting

Throughout Tuesday’s class we continued to talk about how it always comes down to parenting when dealing with children. I never jumped into the discussion in class, but I will on our blog. I can’t stress enough, and I’m sure everyone will agree with me, that parents play the biggest role in a children’s life as they grow up. As I say this, parents need to be way more strict when dealing with their children. We talked about how children nag to their parents about wanting something and then they eventually get it because the parents give in just so they would stop nagging. Parents need to teach more discipline in their children. If they continue to give in and give their children whatever they want, then these children are in for a rude awakening in life as they grow older.

Another reason why parents need to say no more often and teach their children more discipline is due to the lack of knowledge and obese children. Parents who don’t say no will cause their children to have terrible diets and will lead to obesity. I watched the film “Supersize me” last semester in my Sociology class, and the results were downright stunning. The people in the film showed random children pictures of a couple different things. One that definitely comes to mind is a picture of Jesus Christ was showed to several children and they didn’t know who it was. Shortly after that a picture of the Wendy’s logo and Ronald Mcdonald was shown and the children knew who they were immediately. Not only is this wrong, but it comes back to the lack of knowledge these children possess. Once again I feel it comes back to how parents are raising their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment