Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My addiction with....TWITTER

Hello, my name is Joshua Howard (hello Josh!), and I have an addiction to Twitter. I have abandoned Facebook (sorry Mark Zuckberg) like a car plant in Detroit. My urge to accept “friends” I do not know, chat with people I will never consider having a conversation with face-to-face, or being tagged in photos that my presence do not exist in is over. No I have a new found addiction to figuring out the latest trending topic of the day, following my new followers back, and responding back to mentions that I was apart of. Twitter has completely taken over social networking. I believe it has done so because it is a social networking site that allows you to be close to your favorite celebrities. Twitter allows you to keep up with the daily lives and thoughts of the world’s most popular athletes, rappers, singers, talk show host and any other profession you can think of. Twitter builds a definite parasocial relationship with your favorite celebrities. You follow these celebrities and become one with their lives but on the other hand these celebrities don’t follow us back and probably do not know about our existence in life. This is okay with us because we feel as long as we are following them and keeping up with their lives, and “our relationship” with them is almost considered a mutual relationship. This concludes my first entry in our “group conversation” about Twitter. Please if you have nothing to do follow me on Twitter (@_H20_).

No comments:

Post a Comment