Friday, February 11, 2011

Grey's Anatomy believes in Twitter


Grey's Anatomy Twitter Clip (also found at bottom)

We have been talking about Twitter for the past week, and during the discussion, I became stressed about bringing in another social media device. You see, I am addicted to Facebook, and text messaging, to the point that it takes away from my academic career. When I should be writing a paper, I am updating my status, or checking out people’s photos from the weekend. However, after we had the Twitter discussion, and we read the articles Kristen provided us, I began to do some research. I found an article that said Twitter could be used for more than just gossip. In Georgia, a few months ago, Twitter was used to find a lost dog. The owner of the dog posted a picture and caption explaining that the dog was lost, and the area in which they lived. Before he knew it, the tweet had became a trending topic, and then a Hashtag. Finally, a couple days later, the owner received a tweet that revealed to him his dog had been found. I was thrilled to see that Twitter could be used for more than just a social portal. Josh Jackson’s article, “9 Cool Things To Do With Your Twitter Account” (the article we read for class) explained how book clubs could be brought together through Twitter. Ironically, one of my favorite pop culture shows, which I am heavily addicted too, is Grey’s Anatomy. Last Thursday, when I sat down to enjoy my addiction, I was bombarded with more facts about Twitter. Grey’s Anatomy shows how Twitter can be used for good, watch the clip to see how. Now, our class project is to use Twitter to do something good, or funny. I doubt we will be able to match the remarkable story that Grey’s Anatomy shares with us about Twitter, but I bet we can find something good to do with Twitter! Enjoy the Clip!

No comments:

Post a Comment