Sunday, February 13, 2011

Addiction

Recently I joined the world of Twitter for a project for this class. However, I never thought I would EVER become a Tweeter and enjoy it. I have already been sucked into the world of Facebook and recently have become addicted to StumbleUpon. But I never thought I would join the world of Twitter. It’s a new experience for me and I’m still not sure what possibilities lay ahead but time will tell. Now, I am loving StumbleUpon and the vast world of information and pictures out there for one to discover. With the perks of laughing at strange pictures and stumbling upon sites to find awesome music, there is a negative side to this use of social media. The negative side is how distractive it is since as we speak I am using StumbleUpon while watching the Grammys. I have caught myself sitting at my laptop for hours and hours stumbling through the internet. On a side not, going back to one of the first classes we had to talk about one of our addictions to social media. At the time I thought “nah, I don’t have an addiction” but that was before I tried StumbleUpon. I can now say with pride that I am addiction to social media such as StumbleUpon and NetFlix. However, I am not as obsessed with Facebook as some might think. I use Facebook to browse through pictures and to “creep” on people. Yes, I said creep on peoples’ profiles but I don’t creep on the stalker level. I just prefer to offline and look at peoples’ profiles, I don’t think that’s a crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment